Skip to main content

Shang Palace Dimsum Buffet

Reg and I finally had time to try out the dimsum buffet at the Shang Palace in Makati Shangri-la Hotel last week. My mom has been raving about it and being dimsum (and food) lovers ourselves, we decided to go check it out. For Php888++ per person, I think we ate more than our fair share of dimsum.

Order Form
Hongkong Style Order Form
Sweet Corn Soup with Shredded Chicken
 This soup had just the right amount of sweetness and the chicken matched the sweet corn perfectly.

Honey Glazed BBQ Pork
This dish was just so-so. The meat was tender but a little bit dry. I would appreciate more glaze on the sides.

Steamed Crystal Skin Shrimp Dumpling
We loved these Hakao. The shrimps inside were plump and sweet. The rice wrapper was thick enough to hold what is inside but thin enough not to hinder the taste.

Shanghai Xiao Long Bao
These dumplings were good. They had broth inside and the minced meat were tasty. My only complain about this is that the ginger slices that they came with were cut thickly. It would have been better to have thinly sliced ginger like the ones they have in Din Tai Fung.

Spinach Dumplings Stuffed with Shrimps
Reg loves anything with shrimp so of course, we ordered this as well. These dumplings were like the first ones but with added chives inside. The spinach in the skin just made them green but nothing to make them more special.

Deep-fried Lapu-lapu Fillet with Sweet Corn Sauce
We made the mistake of ordering this because it just tasted like fried fish smothered in the corn soup that we just had. It also arrived quite cold.

Sauteed Scallops with Asparagus in XO Sauce
We loved this dish! The scallops were sweet and cooked perfectly. The asparagus were tender but still had a good crunch in them.

Lohon Style Steamed Rice Roll with Assorted Mixed Vegetables  
The waiters mistakenly served this to us and because we were a little dazed from all the food in front of us, we merely nodded thinking that these were the Barbecued Pork Rice Roll. The sauce was good but we were not big fans of the kuchay taste. 

Steamed Barbecued Pork Rice Roll
These were really good but they would have been better if they were served hot!

Steamed Pork Dumplings with Fish Roe
Of all the different kinds of dimsum, this has got to be Reg's favourite. The dumplings were delicious and the fish roe very fresh.

Steamed Pork Ribs with Black Bean Sauce
When this was served, we were so full already. Nonetheless, we still had a bite each so we can taste it. The pork ribs were pretty good but there were more fat in them than I would like.

We also ordered Yang Chou Fried Rice as well as the Fried Rice with Mince Beef and Garlic. They were great but I suggest you let these go and save that tummy space for dessert!

Deep-Fried Stuffed Sesame Balls
Butchi Balls! We never leave a dimsum buffet without ordering these. The skins were crispy and light, not too greasy. The filling had enough sweetness but they could have been better with more filling.

Four Seasons Halo-Halo and Chilled Mango Puree with Sago and Diced Mango
The Halo-Halo tasted like our local Halo-halo without the ice cream. It was just okay. The Mango Puree tasted good and had a lot of sago, which we loved!

Steamed Chinese Cupcake, Mai Lai Ko
One of my favourite cakes! As a pastry chef, I am always curious in sampling these. Choi Garden makes wonderful Mai Lai Ko but these came close. Soft and buttery, a must-try!

Empty Dishes!
BUUUUUURRRPPPP!! We bid our diets adieu and embraced our inner and outer fatness. Haha!

Before I forget, they charge their hot tea per person so if you are not a tea drinker, you better tell them about it. We always drink tea when we eat Chinese food so we did not mind the charge.

Overall, I recommend this buffet to anyone who loves dimsum. There were a lot of varieties and the quality is great! Try it and tell me what you think! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Cheat Sheets

Hello mommies! Sorry I have been busy trying to balance spending quality time with my baby, the pastry shop @joaniescupcakes and our newly launched online store, Petit Bébé PH.  Check out our IG and FB pages if you have time, @petitbebeph. 😍 Anyway, a lot as been asking about the hospital lists that I made for my delivery so here they are! As some of you might know, I am quite OC about paperwork and I have no pain tolerance so I really wanted to make sure that my doctors did not miss anything about my medical history. I was also confined 3x during my pregnancy. This is why I wanted to make sure that my list is detailed so we could avoid mistakes. Information Sheet This is the information sheet that I made. I consulted my OB prior to my delivery about the things that will be asked during check in/ labor. The text is RED are things you need to fill out on the way to the hospital as you might not have enough time to print them when you start contracting. Birth Plan My s

Eating at Home

Reg and I have been trying to lose weight to better control our sugar intake. We ate out a lot when I was still pregnant so he gained "pregnancy pounds" as well. Haha! I have been going to the supermarket to buy 3 weeks worth of dinners the past 2 months and I have been making weekly menu plans to help us achieve our goal. Honestly, I have always felt lazy to do this menu because the meats available at the grocery varies every week. I tend to buy what looks good so I can't stick to 1 set of menu come marketing time. First, let's start with the supermarket. We are closer to Unimart Greenhills but I feel that prices there are higher and there are times when their stock delivery is delayed. I always end up not being able to buy everything that I need. In order for this menu planning to succeed, I now go to my trusty Landmark Supermarket in Trinoma. I used to shop there when I was still single but I stopped going when I moved after getting married because I hated the

Hospital Packing List

I’m an OC person when it comes to packing. I love checklists! When I was at home on bedrest, I had plenty of time to get ready for the delivery. I didn’t want to go to the hospital with incomplete things so I started researching online and mommy blogs on what to pack when D-day comes. I made this list 3 months before my due date. I was paranoid because I had 3 hospital confinements during my pregnancy. I wanted to make sure that everything was ready.  When my OB told me that I was being induced on my 37th week, I made sure I ran through everything with my husband and our nanny. I have very low pain tolerance so I didn’t want them asking me where everything was when I was recovering! 😂 I divided the list into 3 categories: Mommy Daddy Baby I had to make sure my husband had an extra pillow and blanket so his back wouldn’t hurt from sleeping in the couch. I was expecting us to stay longer than normal as I was being induced. He needed to be in tiptop shape for our baby gi