Skip to main content

Favourite Childhood Movies ♥

For some reason, the theme song of Ghostbusters came to my mind as I was starting this entry..

“There’s something strange in the neighbourhood…
Who you gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS!”

I have always loved watching movies, even as a child; so I am sharing with you my Top 10 favourite movies (that I watched as a child).










Ghostbusters
I can’t remember if I watched this in the cinema or not but I really like this movie. The actors that played the characters were perfect for their roles. I love the part where the big marshmallow monster was destroyed and everyone was covered with it! Haha.












3 Men and A Baby
Who could forget this movie? Aside from the funny and touching storyline, there's also the child ghost that everyone's keeps talking about!








Kindergarten Cop
I was able to buy a VCD copy of this in Chinatown when I bought my dad his series for Christmas. I don’t know why but I find that I like movies with this concept; like “The Game Plan” or “The Pacifier”. There’s just something really funny when a huge grown man who can kick the heck out of goons go berserk when taking care of children!



Home Alone 1 and 2
I still watch this in anticipation of every Christmas. I guess, I could say that this is my ultimate favourite movie of all time. I watched this with my family in the theatre. I even remember having a small crush on Macauley Culkin as a little girl! Too bad the sequels after these movies aren’t that funny anymore.









Little Rascals
This movie is an oldie but a goodie! I can’t remember where we got it, but we had a laser disc of this movie and watched it, like 1000x! I have even memorized Alfalfa’s ‘hate’ letter to Darla. “Dear Darla, I hate your stinkin’ guts. You make me vomit! You’re scum between my toes. Love, Alfalfa.” Haha.










Bird on A Wire
Goldie Hawn is one of those actresses who are just so funny and charming that you just can’t stop watching her movies! This movie in particular, although not really a favourite, will always be remembered. I love the Golden Hawn/Mel Gibson tandem in this movie!










Grease
“You better shape up, ‘cause I need a man! And my heart is set on youuuu..”
Olivia Newton John and John Travolta really had it in for this movie. I was glued to the television screen, the first time I watched this movie. I was hooked!











Once Upon A Time in China
This was one of Jet Li’s first films. I sooo had a crush on him after watching this movie. I even attempted to draw him! Haha. I can’t remember the story anymore but I do remember Jet Li. Haha.









Beetlejuice
I think this was one of the movies we rented way back when my family used to go to ACA video to rent laser discs and VHS tapes. I seem to remember being a little afraid of this movie but at the same time intrigue that it was a comedy. I don’t really like Michael Keaton movies but this one was pretty good and funny.








An American Tail
This movie was a very touching story about family and dreams. I remember crying when the father and son were separated in the flood.. I'm not really sure how accurate this is but that's one of the scenes I can remember. We had a betamax tape of this movie when I was, like 5-6 years old and we'd all watch it as a family. Those were the days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Cheat Sheets

Hello mommies! Sorry I have been busy trying to balance spending quality time with my baby, the pastry shop @joaniescupcakes and our newly launched online store, Petit Bébé PH.  Check out our IG and FB pages if you have time, @petitbebeph. 😍 Anyway, a lot as been asking about the hospital lists that I made for my delivery so here they are! As some of you might know, I am quite OC about paperwork and I have no pain tolerance so I really wanted to make sure that my doctors did not miss anything about my medical history. I was also confined 3x during my pregnancy. This is why I wanted to make sure that my list is detailed so we could avoid mistakes. Information Sheet This is the information sheet that I made. I consulted my OB prior to my delivery about the things that will be asked during check in/ labor. The text is RED are things you need to fill out on the way to the hospital as you might not have enough time to print them when you start contracting. Birth Plan My s

Eating at Home

Reg and I have been trying to lose weight to better control our sugar intake. We ate out a lot when I was still pregnant so he gained "pregnancy pounds" as well. Haha! I have been going to the supermarket to buy 3 weeks worth of dinners the past 2 months and I have been making weekly menu plans to help us achieve our goal. Honestly, I have always felt lazy to do this menu because the meats available at the grocery varies every week. I tend to buy what looks good so I can't stick to 1 set of menu come marketing time. First, let's start with the supermarket. We are closer to Unimart Greenhills but I feel that prices there are higher and there are times when their stock delivery is delayed. I always end up not being able to buy everything that I need. In order for this menu planning to succeed, I now go to my trusty Landmark Supermarket in Trinoma. I used to shop there when I was still single but I stopped going when I moved after getting married because I hated the

Hospital Packing List

I’m an OC person when it comes to packing. I love checklists! When I was at home on bedrest, I had plenty of time to get ready for the delivery. I didn’t want to go to the hospital with incomplete things so I started researching online and mommy blogs on what to pack when D-day comes. I made this list 3 months before my due date. I was paranoid because I had 3 hospital confinements during my pregnancy. I wanted to make sure that everything was ready.  When my OB told me that I was being induced on my 37th week, I made sure I ran through everything with my husband and our nanny. I have very low pain tolerance so I didn’t want them asking me where everything was when I was recovering! 😂 I divided the list into 3 categories: Mommy Daddy Baby I had to make sure my husband had an extra pillow and blanket so his back wouldn’t hurt from sleeping in the couch. I was expecting us to stay longer than normal as I was being induced. He needed to be in tiptop shape for our baby gi