Skip to main content

A New Decade Has Arrived.. Welcome 2010!


A new decade has arrived and with it a lot of new dreams and expectations for myself. Looking back, I still cannot believe that I am in a different country, away from my family. Coming back here after spending two (2) weeks with them almost had me questioning my decision to work abroad. It didn't help that it was almost the time of the month, so my hormones are on an all-time high and I got sick last week.

Everyone assumes that I am living THE life here in Singapore. Everyone asks me if I am happy here. The truth is, there is really nothing to be happy about. I mean, don't get me wrong. The major improvement on income is definitely a ++ for me; and the independence that comes with it is great.. but other than those, it's just work and home for me. Okay, plus the gym.

Anyway, enough of the senti talk! My officemate Rej asked me what were my top priorities this year. I haven't really thought about it until then. And so, in the spirit of 2010, I am listing my Top 10 priorities this year in no specific order.

1. Lose 20 lbs.

I have been working out since last December right before I went to Manila for vacation. Although I wasn't able to lose that much weight, I was getting trimmer by inches. Too bad I enjoyed my holidays too much and ate it all again. Haha. Oh well, I'll start swimming again next week! Hope I lose a few pounds by February.

2. Fund my sister's debut.

My younger sister, Camille, is turning 18 years old this September and as a gift to my parents, I want to fund her debut. I am not sure if she'd want a grand party like what my older sis, Cla, and I had; or just an overseas trip with her friends. Either way, I am hoping that I will be able to save enough moolah for this event!

3. Set career advancement.

I'm not even sure if this is possible this year because I just got this job but I'm hoping to have some growth this year.

4. Be closer to my brothers.

I have always been a little distant to my brothers, especially the one right after me. For some reason, I always get annoyed easily! Haha. Nevertheless, I will try my best to develop a closer relationship with them.

5. Make at least 3 new close friends.

I will always be the first to admit that I am very clique-ish. I like my present friends and as much as possible, just want to spend time with them. However, I do feel that it is important for me to meet new people to be able to grow as a person; so I am including this to my list.

6. Send my parents to a holiday getaway.

I want to give my parents a well-deserved vacation. It doesn't really have to be expensive, just a spa retreat would be nice. :)

7. Find my older sister a job.

I've been helping my sister find a job here in SG that she'll like but we still don't have a lead. I hope she finds one by February so she can move here by then.

8. Volunteer on something.

I actually started this last December.. well, attempted is more like it. I have already contacted an NGO that deals with pet adoptions here in Singapore. I just need to finish submitting my portfolio to them.

9. Travel to a new country.

I've been wanting to visit a beach in the neighboring countries. I was thinking of going to Guam (to use my US visa) or Australia. Just one this year would be nice. :)

10. Find the love of my life.

Last but not the least. I haven't given up on love so although there are no prospects yet, I know in my heart that I'll meet him soon.

I've been proposing that Ayn and I explore a new place here every weekend at minimal cost! Haha. There's an exhibit at the Singapore Art Museum on Philippine artists. Juan Luna's Spoliarium is here! As well as paintings by Anita Magsaysay-Ho and Botong Francisco! I can't wait to see them. :) Hope I can take pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Cheat Sheets

Hello mommies! Sorry I have been busy trying to balance spending quality time with my baby, the pastry shop @joaniescupcakes and our newly launched online store, Petit Bébé PH.  Check out our IG and FB pages if you have time, @petitbebeph. 😍 Anyway, a lot as been asking about the hospital lists that I made for my delivery so here they are! As some of you might know, I am quite OC about paperwork and I have no pain tolerance so I really wanted to make sure that my doctors did not miss anything about my medical history. I was also confined 3x during my pregnancy. This is why I wanted to make sure that my list is detailed so we could avoid mistakes. Information Sheet This is the information sheet that I made. I consulted my OB prior to my delivery about the things that will be asked during check in/ labor. The text is RED are things you need to fill out on the way to the hospital as you might not have enough time to print them when you start contracting. Birth Plan My s

Eating at Home

Reg and I have been trying to lose weight to better control our sugar intake. We ate out a lot when I was still pregnant so he gained "pregnancy pounds" as well. Haha! I have been going to the supermarket to buy 3 weeks worth of dinners the past 2 months and I have been making weekly menu plans to help us achieve our goal. Honestly, I have always felt lazy to do this menu because the meats available at the grocery varies every week. I tend to buy what looks good so I can't stick to 1 set of menu come marketing time. First, let's start with the supermarket. We are closer to Unimart Greenhills but I feel that prices there are higher and there are times when their stock delivery is delayed. I always end up not being able to buy everything that I need. In order for this menu planning to succeed, I now go to my trusty Landmark Supermarket in Trinoma. I used to shop there when I was still single but I stopped going when I moved after getting married because I hated the

Hospital Packing List

I’m an OC person when it comes to packing. I love checklists! When I was at home on bedrest, I had plenty of time to get ready for the delivery. I didn’t want to go to the hospital with incomplete things so I started researching online and mommy blogs on what to pack when D-day comes. I made this list 3 months before my due date. I was paranoid because I had 3 hospital confinements during my pregnancy. I wanted to make sure that everything was ready.  When my OB told me that I was being induced on my 37th week, I made sure I ran through everything with my husband and our nanny. I have very low pain tolerance so I didn’t want them asking me where everything was when I was recovering! 😂 I divided the list into 3 categories: Mommy Daddy Baby I had to make sure my husband had an extra pillow and blanket so his back wouldn’t hurt from sleeping in the couch. I was expecting us to stay longer than normal as I was being induced. He needed to be in tiptop shape for our baby gi