Skip to main content

Sister Cla is Coming to Town!

Okay, she's not really a 'sister' aka nun.. but my older sister, Cla, will be coming here on the 30th of January; which is right after her birthday! I just finished booking her tickets this morning. She'll be arriving here on a Saturday which means I can fetch her from the airport.. not that I have a car but we can ride the cab together! Haha. She still hasn't decided whether or not she wants to work here but since she still hasn't been to Singapore yet, this trip would probably help her decide. Now, I'm thinking of places where I can bring her or she can go to while I'm at work. She's travelling alone so I'm trying to think of places that she can visit while I'm at the office. I'm off work by 6PM, which gives us plenty of time to roam around Singapore at night.



Anyway, sharing some Christmas photos of our pets Taylor and Yumi. I bought Santa hats and scarves for them from Daiso.. my absolute favourite store here! Everything is S$2! Aren’t they just the cutest little babies ever? :D

I went to Orchard Road last night with Ayn because she had to remit some money for her credit card bills. I still haven’t remitted anything to my account yet because the conversion rate is too low. I think only around Php 32.60 = S$1 – a big decrease from the usual Php 33.40 = S$1; so I'll probably send money at the latter part of this week/month. For those of you who doesn’t know how to do this, it’s quite easy. Just go to Lucky Plaza (assuming your sending money to Manila), then choose a remittance center. I go to the Metrobank one because it’s a bank! Haha. Anyway, go to the counter at the end of the office then ask for a registration form. You just need to fill this out and go back to where you got the form. You don’t need to fall back in line if you’re sending money at the same time. Just tell the teller! Do keep the ID card though because you’ll need that every time you use their services. They charge S$4 per remittance. Money sent to a Metrobank account will automatically be credited; while sending to other banks usually take around 3-4 working days.

Something to look forward to: Friday night at the Singapore Art Museum


I’ve been wanting to visit the museums here but something always happens that hinders me from actually going there. I saw from the SAM website that they are having a display of different Filipino artists until the end of January. Among the artists featured are Juan Luna, Botong Francisco and Anita Magsaysay-Ho! I have studied these three in my Philippine Art History class by Ma’am Eloy Hernandez in Ateneo. I absolutely love their work. Luna’s “Spoliarium” is here!! I haven’t seen the original piece yet so I’m pretty excited to see it in person. Good thing SAM waives entrance fees on Friday nights! You can visit their website for more details.

That’s it for now! Time to get back to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Cheat Sheets

Hello mommies! Sorry I have been busy trying to balance spending quality time with my baby, the pastry shop @joaniescupcakes and our newly launched online store, Petit Bébé PH.  Check out our IG and FB pages if you have time, @petitbebeph. 😍 Anyway, a lot as been asking about the hospital lists that I made for my delivery so here they are! As some of you might know, I am quite OC about paperwork and I have no pain tolerance so I really wanted to make sure that my doctors did not miss anything about my medical history. I was also confined 3x during my pregnancy. This is why I wanted to make sure that my list is detailed so we could avoid mistakes. Information Sheet This is the information sheet that I made. I consulted my OB prior to my delivery about the things that will be asked during check in/ labor. The text is RED are things you need to fill out on the way to the hospital as you might not have enough time to print them when you start contracting. Birth Plan My s

Eating at Home

Reg and I have been trying to lose weight to better control our sugar intake. We ate out a lot when I was still pregnant so he gained "pregnancy pounds" as well. Haha! I have been going to the supermarket to buy 3 weeks worth of dinners the past 2 months and I have been making weekly menu plans to help us achieve our goal. Honestly, I have always felt lazy to do this menu because the meats available at the grocery varies every week. I tend to buy what looks good so I can't stick to 1 set of menu come marketing time. First, let's start with the supermarket. We are closer to Unimart Greenhills but I feel that prices there are higher and there are times when their stock delivery is delayed. I always end up not being able to buy everything that I need. In order for this menu planning to succeed, I now go to my trusty Landmark Supermarket in Trinoma. I used to shop there when I was still single but I stopped going when I moved after getting married because I hated the

Hospital Packing List

I’m an OC person when it comes to packing. I love checklists! When I was at home on bedrest, I had plenty of time to get ready for the delivery. I didn’t want to go to the hospital with incomplete things so I started researching online and mommy blogs on what to pack when D-day comes. I made this list 3 months before my due date. I was paranoid because I had 3 hospital confinements during my pregnancy. I wanted to make sure that everything was ready.  When my OB told me that I was being induced on my 37th week, I made sure I ran through everything with my husband and our nanny. I have very low pain tolerance so I didn’t want them asking me where everything was when I was recovering! 😂 I divided the list into 3 categories: Mommy Daddy Baby I had to make sure my husband had an extra pillow and blanket so his back wouldn’t hurt from sleeping in the couch. I was expecting us to stay longer than normal as I was being induced. He needed to be in tiptop shape for our baby gi